Bachelor of Commerce and IT @ Monash University
Accounting and Computer Networks & Security Major / Software Development Minor
Feb 2018 - Dec 2021
- Incoming Student Fellow @ Startmate
- Accounting Leadership Program
- Went on a 2-week start-up bootcamp (Hacker Exchange) at San Francisco
Systems and Strategy Analyst @ TMG College Australia
Dec 2020 - Present / Part-time
Focus on strategy pertaining to business and data process improvement by working closely with a leadership team.
Project 1: Business Development Training
- Responsible for developing training manuals for onboarding BDs in order to clearly understand the company’s new systems.
- Creating a training guide, detailing how the new enrolment system works, which was presented to over 10+ people.
Project 2: Business Intelligence Tools
- Creating dashboards using business intelligence tools (PowerBI) and Sales CRM platforms (HubSpot) to help marketing, and sales track where students are at the enrollment process.
- Creating a dashboard using enrolment’s database and CRM platforms (HubSpot) to track the company's ROI from certain third-party referral services
Project 3: Automation of the Enrolment Process
- Taking leadership of automating the student enrolment process which is now used by the company daily.
- Liaise with Enrolments, Marketing, and Business Development to use robotic process automation (Microsoft Power Automate) to reduce time-consuming tasks (data entry and emailing students about the status of their enrolment application)
Product Lead @ Monash University
Mar 2020 - Present / Internship
Client liaison for a year-long industry experience project. The client works in the Home Gym and Equipment industry. Key Responsibilities include:
- Using a MVC based architecture (CakePHP) programming language to develop an eCommerce website
- Creating User Stories with User Acceptance Criteria that was approved by our Product Owners and Business Mentors
- Using Trello and Kanban boards to plan stand-up meetings and weekly agendas.
Account Management Intern @ McCann WorldGroup
Jun 2016 - Oct 2016 / Internship
A digital marketing agency that utilises digital technologies to promote their client's products online. Key contributions. include:
- Performed industry market research for the company’s clients
- Engaged with the client’s retail customers on social media to monitor and report any issues they had with the client’s product.
Executive Reporter and Web Developer @ BAP Monash
Oct 2020 - Present
Beta Alpha Psi is an international honour organisation for accounting, finance and business information systems students and professionals.
- Won Third Place (Oceania Region) for the “Best Practices Competition” for the topic “Invest in Your Community” and presented how our service events has made a positive impact to our university and greater community
- Submission of Start of Year, Mid-Year and End of Year Reports in alignment with Beta Alpha Psi requirements.
- Management of engagement with alumni, inclusive of the alumni network in collaboration with the Oceania Alumni Representative.
Marketing Officer and Graphic Designer @ UNIHACK
Oct 2019 - Present / Part-time
Unihack is Australia’s largest and premier student hackathon. In this role, I closely collaborated with the marketing team to increase sales and secure sponsorships.
- Worked with the marketing team to create strategies that attracted over 220+ participants to our Hackathon.
- Editing the ‘Hacker Gang’ series in 2020 which saw 300% more organic reach than previous marketing efforts in 2019
- Used UI/UX design tools (Figma, Adobe Illustrator, and FCPX) to develop Unihack’s marketing launch video and 5 weekly updates, generating more than 5K in total reach over 2 months (2019)
I'm a final year student who is passionate about project management and growth! I like to code things as well. contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2021 Alfie Torres